Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default How to remove roofing nails from below?

wrote in
oups.com:

On Jun 6, 2:20 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:
Is there a tool that
would allow me to "snip" off the end of the nails and screws in a
tight space?

It's called an "end cut pliers"
e.g.
http://www.homaktools.com/062endcutpliers.htm

I just got an end cut plier and it seems to be able to cut off nail
ends but not the screw ends. I think part of the reason is the tight
space and I am on a ladder and hence not able to really leverage too
much force to really clamp down.

I wonder if a Dremel with a grinding disc would work or not. I saw a
show they saw off a galvanized pipe with that - but that's a show and
I don't know if it really works or not.

MC

Another vote for Dremel disks are brittle and shatter...

Not sure if when you mentioned Dremel that you meant you would buy one.
If you're gonna buy something choose:
- Die grinder for your compressor if you have one
or
- 4 1/2" grinder
or
- RotoZip

You'll get more bang for the buck usage out of the first two probably.