Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How to remove roofing nails from below?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:04:25 -0700, wrote:

On Jun 6, 2:20 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com, wrote:
Is there a tool that
would allow me to "snip" off the end of the nails and screws in a
tight space?

It's called an "end cut pliers" e.g.
http://www.homaktools.com/062endcutpliers.htm

I just got an end cut plier and it seems to be able to cut off nail
ends but not the screw ends. I think part of the reason is the tight
space and I am on a ladder and hence not able to really leverage too
much force to really clamp down.

Another part might be that screws are a lot harder than nails.

I wonder if a Dremel with a grinding disc would work or not. I saw a
show they saw off a galvanized pipe with that - but that's a show and
I don't know if it really works or not.

I think those pipes are made from galvanized candy. Or they're pipes
for doll houses. Or they show it when they start, and for 4 seconds in
the middle, and when they're done.

MC