Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Porch light burns out very fast

In article , willshak wrote in part:

Ditto that. I've replaced almost all 60 watt incandescents in my house
with 13 watt CFLs, including outdoor porch and deck lights. The only
ones not changed were candelabra bulbs and those in dimmer lamps.

There is now some availability of candelabra base models. I have seen
these at some online lightbulb sellers in up to 60 watts claimed
incandescent equivalence, and in Lowes at up to 40 watts claimed
incandescent equivalence.

There are dimmable models - I just wish they were more widely available!
There is a dimmable version of the 23 watt Philips SLS.

- Don Klipstein )