Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Drip Irrigation Inputs Please.

Hiya,
I've about had it with the black plastic tubing approach to drip irrigation.
I'm constantly having to fiddle with fittings and such as they tend to leak.
I was thinking about a different approach and was hoping for some opinions.
I'm looking at running PVC, Sch. 40 say a couple of inches below the
surface. Then tapping into that with brass barbed adapters that would
screw into the PVC. From there, I can run short lengths of the small black
tubing to the emitters etc. Any thoughts?
Cheers,
cc