Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Ever had that satisfied feeling with overkill ?

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:21:07 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 20:45:42 +0100, Owain
mused:

Lurch wrote:
I've just fitted a 48 way consumer unit to a 3 bedroom cottage in

the
middle of nowhere.

Making it now a 2 bedroom cottage with wiring cupboard?

Heh. I actually had to take a door of its hinges to fit the board

in.
The back door is currently leant up against the wall in the kitchen
extension.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Yikes, who sells 48 way consumer units? I'd have thought splitting the
load between several would be a good plan.

No need, if it can all go in one then it all goes in one. The load is
still limited to the 100A in the service fuse and the board is rated
at 250A so I think it should be safe enough.

It's actually a 3 phase board linked for single phase use, loads
easier than fitting 3 or 4 boards.
--
Regards,
Stuart.