Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Waiting for paint to cure

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:37:54 -0000, Les
wrote:

I just finished painting a bathroom and need to reinstall the fixtures
and stuff I took down. Of particular concern is the shower curtain
rod. I know the rubber ends will stick to the paint if the paint
hasn't cured enough. Is there any way to expedite the curing
process? Would a heat gun do the trick?

- les

A heat gun might damage the paint. Wait several days, then use small
squares of wax paper. After a month, remove the wax squares and apply
a thin coat of oil (or Vaseline) to the wall where the rubber ends
touch. Paint takes about a month to fully cure and harden.