Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default How do keep mat from slipping off my hallway carpet?

In article om,
wrote:
We've got carpet in our hallway and as it's quite large and we
couldn't afford an expensive runner to protect it, we got some light,
cheap mats which are about 5 feet by 2 feet. they look fine when put
in place but after a day or two seem to migrate to the side of the
hallway opposite the doorways and start crumpling up into a trip
hazard. Is there some sort of double sided tape I could use which
would would keep them in place but which won't damage the carpet
undernearh?

We use stuff like http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTI-SLIP-unde...mZ260123550591 for rugs on our hard floors - works well and
claims to be suitable for use on carpets as well.

That link is actually the person we ordered ours from - no connection other
than a happy customer. They sell different types and sizes. Dunno what is
best for carpet/rug - we found the rubbery hessian like stuff best on hard
floors but YMMV :-)

Darren