Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Ever had that satisfied feeling with overkill ?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:26:01 -0700, Jethro wrote:

(following on from a comment in another thread).

Have you ever put up with something, maybe made numerous temporary
repairs, and then snapped and threw total overkill at the problem ? And
then stepped back and thought "Now break you ****er" ?

Here's a recent example : we have a bird feeder, which I hung off a nail
on our fence. It used to keep getting knocked/blown off, and I tried
bending the nail, and then changing it for a cup hook (which didn't work
as it was too close to the fence then).

Finally after a few weeks of this I snapped, and spend a few minutes
rummaging in the garage till I came across an old shelf bracket. I screwed
that to the fence (3 screws !) , made an "S" hook to hang the feeder from,
and it's stayed up since.

It's hard to define the smugness I felt when I stepped back and thought :
"NOW fall down - I dare you !".

I guess Al Capone would have said something similar:

"NOW get up - I dare you!"

Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux