Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How do keep mat from slipping off my hallway carpet?

Adrian Godwin wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:19:55 GMT, Anna wrote:

We've got carpet in our hallway ...
Yes. There is spray on stuff.

I doubt that will be effective for a rug on carpet, for the reasons
already posted. Probably OK with a rug on a hard surface though.

I have a square of hall carpet placed on top of the fitted carpet,
and underneath the doormat to catch the worst of the dirt and wear
by the front door. This used to creep badly.

I put a piece of rug antislip material from John Lewis (own brand)
in between, and it hasn't moved in about 5 years. Fantastic stuff.

We got some from Instore (aka Poundstretcher or something?) Helps a bit
but not completely. Dunno if the JL stuff would have worked better in
our application...

David