Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Removable Fasteners

On Jun 5, 7:07 pm, Greg Esres wrote:
Andy wrote:

I was going to suggest t-nuts also, or possibly "barrel nuts",
threaded inserts (probably the same as threadserts?), or pocket-hole
screws, if it doesn't need to be dissembled and reassembled too many
times.

T-nuts look good. Barrel nuts look attractive, but I'd need one that
doesn't require a tool to remove. I'll look for those. Pocket-hole
screws would be too difficult to remove quickly

What exactly are you doing? You'll get more creative, and possibly
more humorous, answers if the specific application is known.
Frinstance, if it's some sort of storm panel or shutter, then I'd
recommend vinyl bulb weatherstripping and not worry about perfectly
mating surfaces and closely spaced fasteners.