Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Ever had that satisfied feeling with overkill ?

"Jethro"

Have you ever put up with something, maybe made numerous temporary
repairs, and then snapped and threw total overkill at the problem ?
And then stepped back and thought "Now break you ****er" ?

Not quite the same, but I am re-furbing a 1970s toilet, keeping the old
cistern and boxing it in.
Noticed that the cistern only "perches" on about 1-1/2" of support bracket
(it is ceramic cistern sitting on an angle bracket).
Despite the fact that it had functioned quite happily on this for 30 years,
I removed and cleaned up the old bracket, refixed it with big srews and
added 2 more brackets just for good measure.

Phil