Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default How do keep mat from slipping off my hallway carpet?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:17:38 -0700, Jethro
wrote:

On 5 Jun, 23:08, wrote:
We've got carpet in our hallway and as it's quite large and we
couldn't afford an expensive runner to protect it, we got some light,
cheap mats which are about 5 feet by 2 feet. they look fine when put
in place but after a day or two seem to migrate to the side of the
hallway opposite the doorways and start crumpling up into a trip
hazard. Is there some sort of double sided tape I could use which
would would keep them in place but which won't damage the carpet
undernearh?

I can sympathise. Both our mats (front and back) go travelling at an
incredible rate ! We did get this thin sheet of white fluffy stuff
from a carpet dealer, which was supposed to stop this. To be fair it
did - for a day. That was 11 quid well spent.

For now, we just live with it, but I know one day I will snap, and
nail the ****er to the floor (in the porch with floorboards) and drill
holes and fit rawlpugs and screw the other ****er down (back door -
concrete floor).

I have considered nailing the mat in the porch to the floor also. It
does seem to travel a couple of inches every day...

In fact, that gives me an idea for a new thread ....

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free