Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Removable Fasteners

On Jun 5, 4:23 pm, Greg Esres wrote:
I want to fasten one square wood frame to another in a fashion that
can be easily removed. I'm thinking wing-nut sort of thing, but more
attractive. Only one side of the piece will be accessible while
attaching the frame.

Can someone offer a suggestion as to what to Google on?

Rare earth magnets, sliding dovetails, T-nuts or threadserts (aka wood
insert nuts) are a few possibilities. You didn't mention how big the
frames are and how much load, and in what direction, will be on the
fasteners, but you could tap the wood if it's a hardwood then just use
machine screws.