Posted to alt.home.repair

Default French Drains and Mold?

On Jun 5, 7:17?am, Chris wrote:
On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website:www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

if the soil directly under your basement floor is wet the water will
wick thru the concrete and add moisture to the entire basement