Posted to alt.home.repair

Default French Drains and Mold?

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 2:21�pm, wrote:
People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. *Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

likely too cold, besides properly done it should be a sealed system.

mold prefers warm and moist

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 12:21 pm, wrote:
People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

What diffrence does it make if mold grows in the french drain? A
french drain is outside the basement. The mold you are trying to avoid
is the mold inside the house caused by a wet basement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 3:27 pm, "
wrote:
On May 30, 12:21 pm, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

What diffrence does it make if mold grows in the french drain? A
french drain is outside the basement. The mold you are trying to avoid
is the mold inside the house caused by a wet basement.

Sorry, I was referring to an interior, perimeter french drain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:
People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website: www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 7:17?am, Chris wrote:
On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website:www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

if the soil directly under your basement floor is wet the water will
wick thru the concrete and add moisture to the entire basement

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5 Jun., 15:54, " wrote:
On Jun 5, 7:17?am, Chris wrote:

On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website:www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

if the soil directly under your basement floor is wet the water will
wick thru the concrete and add moisture to the entire basement

Well, that's a good point. Then instead of opening the floor for
getting mice through the inner drainage and sump pump things, you
could also install electrodes into the floor to stop the wicking
process. It is actually the same then in the walls. The repelling
power is essential. This way you can also eliminate AC systems and
save a lot of energy as well.

Drains! 2600 UK diy 3 March 5th 07 05:25 PM
Interior french drains Jack Home Repair 2 November 6th 05 11:05 PM
Clogged French Drains TrueWest Home Repair 2 February 20th 04 02:22 PM