Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andreas Tekman Andreas Tekman is offline

Default Oscilloscope repair Tektronix 2246 Chicago

On 1 Jun., 06:51, wrote:
Hello everyone my Tektronix 2246 oscilloscope just went out on me
tonight. First it started making frequencies noises randomly, then it
took multiple tries to get it started. Now it just makes chirp and
doesn't start all together. I opened it up at looked at the power
supply and it looks fine, no obvious damage. Is there a common problem
i could fix on my own? Can someone recommend a good repair shop in the
Chicago land area.
Thanks
Rich

Bad/dry caps in the Tektronix pwr supply of this 22xx scope are a
common failure, results are as you described.
If you can chk and change the caps, it should be worth the effort.

gd luck.

hth,
Andreas