Kelley Mascher

Default Old Delta drill press part??

Plaza Machinery handles a lot of old Delta parts.

http://www.plazamachinery.com/

Cheers,

Kelley

On 27 Mar 2004 00:11:43 -0800, (gattman) wrote:

I have an old (~1960), heavy duty, 17" variable speed Delta drill
press. It looks to be fairly low mileage, probably because the
variable speed pulley mounted on the motor has a bad wobble. The
pulley assembly is not longer avaible. It is a model 17-600 drill
press, with a peculiar variable pulley set up that does not use the
typical heavy spring. Does anybody have any ideas about where to find
a used part, or has anybody had experience with repairing these
puppies? Basically the part of the sheave that has a wobble was
pinned onto a splined shaft that attaches to the motor. It looks like
the splines had a little to much slop right at the factory, and when
they pinned it, the pully was not perfectly perpendicular to the
spined shaft. My first choice is to find a replacement part . . . any
help is appreciated!!