Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing latex paint from rubber weather stripping

"car crash" wrote in message
oups.com...
I painted my garage doors and the paint did not cure properly. I shut
the door and the garage door latex paint now sticks like crazy to the
rubber weather stripping. So every time I open the garage door,
there is a loud ripping sound as the garage door rips away from the
rubber weather stripping every time I open it. Is there anything I
can used to remove the latex paint from the rubber weather
stripping ? I was thinking of just replacing the weather stripping
and that's it, but I would like to fix it first if I can.
thanks.

I'd try spraying some silicone on the strip first and see if that solves the
problem. Easier than replacing the strip or cleaning it.