Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Clarification on Telephone Wiring Terms

"GG.and.UN." wrote in message
ps.com...
J.A.

Do I get

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCC...bg88N%253AS%7E

or

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCC...bg88N%253AS%7E

and

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCC...&section=10372

or

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCC...&section=10372

Thanks!

Depends. The items you have shown are the same, the only difference is one
version comes with the mounting bracket, and the other doesn't.
If you are using a Leviton Structured Media panel, then use the one with the
bracket. The bracket allows you to snap them directly into the panel.
If you're not their media panel, then there's no reason to pay extra for the
bracket.

When I did my house, I fabricated my own Structured Media panel. I ran
Computer Network, Internet Access, Phone, and Satellite TV all to the
panel I had constructed. It makes a nice, easy modular system to configure
once it's done. If you ever need to new phone or network location, you just
pull a new homerun to the panel. Easy. Email me at: jm44316 (at) alltel
dot net, and I will send you photos of my structured media panel.