Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Concrete mixer, how to get a good mix?

wrote:

Used a couple of 5cf small concrete mixers and it doesn't matter if its
dry
or wet material as chunks of it tend to clump together into balls and just
roll around and around without breaking up regardless how long the mixer
stays on. I usually turn the mixer off and breakup the balls manually.
Anyone has a better method of getting a better mix?

I prefer to start with the suggested amount of water, then add the mix until
it gets "right". You have to have enough cement, though, in case you put
too much water in to start. Just read the directions, and start with that
amount of water.

Steve