Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default inside of house does not cool off... at all?

N8N wrote:
On May 31, 8:15 pm, Clancy Wiggum wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
well, it's finally summer here in DC. Yay. House has no A/C.
Yeah, I know, but I loved the place and there's lots of trees for
shade.

Heh..

I live in south Texas.. Been running the A/C since February.

I like the ceiling fan idea the best, but I'm also in the security
business and leaving windows open makes me cringe. In northern Texas
and Louisiana I've seen big attic fans to suck air up from ground
level and exhaust to the outside. I guess if humidity is low outside
a breeze may make the space livable, but that is not an option on the
Gulf Coast.

Window A/C units are pretty cheap now. Maybe get one or two for
comfort and heat waves that are inevitably coming to your area.

so if you don't like leaving windows open, that pretty much rules out
anything but a swamp cooler or real A/C.

It rules out a swamp cooler as well. In order to properly draft, a window
needs to be open opposite of the coolers location.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com