Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default wiring advice

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:39:46 -0400, "Smarty" wrote:

Terry,

Each of my 3 switches is a single pole single throw (SPST) switch with ***no
unused terminals". These switches (red, green, yellow) control the red,
green, and yellow bulbs. The bulbs have a common bus fed directly from the
power source on one of their 2 leads, and have switched power to their
remaining leads. The red bulbs, for example, are illuminated when the
corresponding switch is closed.

The common bus connecting all of the bulbs on one side to the power source
is at the extreme far right edge of the drawing, and appears to be nearly
clipped off when viewed on the web site. The uploaded picture shows the line
a bit more clearly, but perhaps it is harder for you to recognize it because
of the way the image gets a slight amount of cropping, JPEG compression, or
both.

Where do you live? You don't live in the USA, Cuba, Panama, the
Dominican Republic, or Japan, do you?

Smarty

Smarty

"Terry" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Jun 4, 12:54 pm, "Smarty" wrote:
Superb suggestion Terry!!! I never knew this existed. Here is the link to
my
schematic:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zu9gs1

It was drawn quickly with a simple drawing program so apologies if it
looks
a bit amateur. I used to have schematic capture, SPICE, and other PCB
layout
software running but not on this machine.

Smarty

I still don't follow what you are using for switches. I would expect
someone to use single pole switches. Single pole switches don't have
any unused outputs.

What type switches are you suggesting?

I use a program called TinyCad. It is free and pretty easy to use.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4yzn59s.jpg