Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default Home Depot lifetime warranty

On Jun 3, 7:32 pm, Frank wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:40 pm, Terry wrote:

I bought some caulk at Home Depot. I had it in the trunk of the car.
It is a car I hardly drive. Anyway....the caulk has been there for
several years.

I put it in a calk gun and it won't pump anything. I even took a coat
hanger to try to open the spout. I gouged it pretty good.

I carried it to Home Depot today to see if I could trade it for
another tube. The girl said that it has a use by date on the tube had
passed. That kind of voids the lifetime warranty. She said the
lifetime warranty was for the applied caulk. I wonder how you could
get another tube for some that has already been applied?

Probably not worth the quest. I had something similar with a whole
house water filter where I broke the housing on a Sunday morning and
ran to the hardware store to get a replacement. When I sent in the
warranty card and told them I had dropped and broken housing, they
sent me a new housing. Years later I used the new filter to replace
the old and the new one leaked. Manufacturer would not honor
warranty. They would not listen to my reasoning that although the
warranty card was mailed in about 6 years ago, that I just got around
to using the product
Frank

Last year I bought a fern at Lowe's, with the 1 year guarantee. Didn't
come up this spring, so I went back with the tag and the receipt. They
wanted the plant back. I pointed out to them that after a small
herbaceous plant dies in the winter, come spring there isn't any
plant, that's the definition of a dead plant. They wanted the plant
back. I went home, found the old pot, filled it full of mud from the
general vicinity of the dead fern in the hope that some molecule in
there might be part of the original, and exchanged it for my refund,
happily delivered.