Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New flooring over old

"BZ" wrote in message
I'm thinking about putting in a wood floor, and am wondering whether I
should remove the vinyl floor, or just lay down wood on top. Any thoughts
on whether the vinyl should be removed first, and whether the floor needs
to be refloated under wood?

Also, this room has direct exterior access. Is a wood floor (not Pergo) a
good idea, or is it likely to show wear near the door? What about that
bamboo flooring that seems to popular right now?

I'd remove the vinyl to eliminate potential problems in the future.

As for wear near the door, put a mat or throw rug thee to help keep the rest
of hte floors clean and minimize wear. I don't have any experience with
bamboo.