Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] businessman@nomail.com is offline

Default Running boards for wiring unfinished basement

On Tue, 29 May 2007 19:21:17 -0400, "Dante" wrote:

I have to install some more wiring and receptacles in my unfinished
basement. I know I have to make running boards for the wire that runs
perpendicular to the floor joists, but I'm not sure exactly how. Can someone
link a picture or specifications? Is it just a flat board or does it have to
have sides that extend past the wire like a channel? I don't want to drill
holes in the joists at this time because all the rest of the wiring is just
stapled across the joists.

Thanks
Dante

By the time you buy the boards, you may be cheaper off running EMT
conduit and just putting in single strand wire with a box on the end
to feed the romex to the fixtures.