Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Greenberg Art Greenberg is offline

Default Construct Oak Door Jamb

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:46:46 -0400, Buck Turgidson wrote:
Anyone ever attempt to make an oak door jamb set (interior)? I want
to do something a little different for bathroom, but can't find
anything but pine. Is this something that's reasonably do-able?

Yes! Although I made mine out of pine, it was one of my first ever
woodworking projects. I actually bought a Craftsman RAS, router, and
butt hinge template set for the purpose.

The house we lived in at the time was a pre-fab job, a rancher with a
truss roof. None of the interior walls were load bearing, and all of
them were 1-by studded, so a standard pre-hung door would not work, and
I couldn't locate any that would. We replaced 4 interior doors, and I
had to make the jambs for all of them.

Go for it!

--
Art Greenberg