Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Attaching a hose holder to a house with vinyl siding

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:15:23 -0000, Mike wrote:

My wife wants to attach a cheapo garden hose holder to the side of our
house near the hose spigot. The house has vinyl siding. Should I
just drill a small hole and then screw the hose holder on?

I wouldn't drill a hole in vinyl siding, or aluminum siding, or
stucco, or stone, or bricks, etc. He's right, the thing will break
or rip out, and then you'll have a hole, bigger than the one you
drilled. OK in wood that can be repaired and painted to match, or the
mortar between bricks. (even then, I wonder how hard to match the
color of the mortar, and how long it takes before it's weathered
enough to match.

Thanks...

Mike