Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Waterline bursting

On Jun 3, 6:10 pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:
Just a question of general observation more than a specific question.

In general do more water lines burst/leak/give way/explode/(come on I need
another adjective here) when pressure to the line is fluctuating? I'm
wondering if shutting off the water at the meter is traumatic to the lines

Yeah, I'm sure the lines will be there wondering when the next drink
will come...

Pressure fluctuations of the type/magnitude you're describing are so
well within operational/design/manufactured spec's as to be
essentially constant pressure. A water hammer on a closing valve is
far more of a shock than a system-wide pressure fluctuation...

Find something else to worry over...