Posted to alt.home.repair
Kitep Kitep is offline

Default Drywall & Receptacles

"dicko" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:58:09 -0400, "Kitep" wrote:

Thanks for the tips guys. I knew someone would have a solution somewhere,
but my attempt to Google a solution was stymied by my word choices.

another solution nobodies mentioned is to go to your local big box
store and go the isle of the electrical section where all the
electrical doodads in little plastic bags are hung on hooks. You know,
where the wirenuts are. There you will find stackable green plastic
spacers made just for this. They're aout 1/16 inch think and have
interlocking snaps to stack them up as thick as you want.

dickm

As luck would have it, before I posted my question I did go to that very
aisle looking for something just like that. I obviously missed it, just
like I missed the box extenders when I was in the box aisle. I think I was
seriously distracted by the store closing in 5 minutes and needing to get a
few other things that I knew for sure existed (which is also why I didn't
track down somebody to ask). I'm looking forward to finding the things I
missed next time I go there.