Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] deans@wdeans.com is offline

Default Home Depot lifetime warranty

On Jun 3, 6:40 pm, Terry wrote:
I bought some caulk at Home Depot. I had it in the trunk of the car.
It is a car I hardly drive. Anyway....the caulk has been there for
several years.

I put it in a calk gun and it won't pump anything. I even took a coat
hanger to try to open the spout. I gouged it pretty good.

I carried it to Home Depot today to see if I could trade it for
another tube. The girl said that it has a use by date on the tube had
passed. That kind of voids the lifetime warranty. She said the
lifetime warranty was for the applied caulk. I wonder how you could
get another tube for some that has already been applied?

Greetings,

I wish there was an option when you were at the checkout to purchase
the ability to return or not with two different prices. I don't like
having to pay extra for people who use the return system to see what
they can get away with rather than to return defective products.

William Deans