Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Rozdoba Michael Rozdoba is offline

Default How to accurately weigh a cat...OT ish

Terry W. wrote:
"Vortex" wrote in
:

Hi,

I want to settle an argument about the weights (relative and absolute)
of our 2 cats. problem is, how do you accurately weigh a cat in a
domestic situation?

[snip]

Any suggestions?

Step 1. Kill the first cat.
Step 2. Kill the second cat.
Step 3. Weigh both cats, separately, on any scale.

Terry W.

Wouldn't it be quicker to kill the person one is having the argument with?

If you really /must/ know the mass & Archimedes Principle isn't
favoured, I suggest a small police radar gun, a stout but very small
sling, a circus of trained fleas (*) & reference to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity, though you will first need
to get the cat et al into freefall.

(*) A provisional calculation suggests the fleas might need to have some
sort of genetic wasting disease.

--
Michael
m r o z a t u k g a t e w a y d o t n e t