Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Garage Workbench

In article ,
(aemeijers) says...

Really depends on your space and other available storage- my
preference is to keep the space below bench clear, for easy cleanup, other
than any needed cross-pieces to tie the end frames together.

My workbench has a full width row of drawers just below the top, a full
width shelf 12" off the floor, and pull-out bins that tuck under the
shelf and just slide out on the floor. Instead of a door, I used a 4x8
sheet of 1-1/8" plywood for the top, and just stacked mass production
small parts drawers on the back of the bench. I just used 1x oak for a
perimeter band, but raised it 1/4" above the top of the bench, so little
parts don't roll off and escape onto the floor.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.