Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Replacing old window with sheetrock

In article om,
) says...
Last year, we got new siding on the house. I had 2 windows on the side
that we deemed unnecessary, so we had them put up plywood, and the
siding went on top of it. Now we want to remove the windows from the
inside and replace the window with sheetrock. These are old double
hung windows.

I understand the window has to be removed, but what will the sheetrock
screw onto? Bear in mind, I'm totally new at this.

I know I have to take a prybar to the sill and moldings and remove the
windows itself, but I don't know how to go about the sheetrock
process.

While you were blanking windows off, did you evaluate the floor plan for
minimum standards of light and ventilation, and emergency egress
requirements?

You might want to have a chat with your local building official before
you go any farther.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.