Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] andrew@ethnographer.com is offline

Default Scroll Compressor and Energy Efficient Window Air Conditioners

I'm looking for a new window air-conditioner, and while price is
important, I'm more interested in something that is *quiet* and has a
high EER rating. I have heard that the new "scroll compressors" are
quieter and more efficient, but after some searching online, I can't
seem to find any window units that are marketed with that feature. In
fact, it's pretty hard to find anyone who's trying to push a high EER
as a feature. l'm in Philadelphia, and I only need about 6000btu unit
for a bedroom. Does anyone have any recommendation for a very quiet
unit that's energy efficient? Are the newer scroll compressors even
available on window units? Thanks,

Andrew