Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default American machine screw types

In article ,
"N Cook" wrote:

For just the odd missing screws/bolts situation.
It looks like the solution to this problem is someone in the UK to tie up
with someone in the USA and a packet of assorted small size UNC/UNF nuts and
bolts go surface mail one way and a packet of various small size BA mainly /
mm nuts and bolts goes back the other.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Of course we use mostly American stuff in the U.S., but we can easily
get metric when we need it at the hardware store that supplies the
machine shop industry. Is the reverse not true? Have you English guys
asked around at a professional hardware supplier?