Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Construct Oak Door Jamb

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:46:46 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

Anyone ever attempt to make an oak door jamb set (interior)? I want to do
something a little different for bathroom, but can't find anything but pine.
Is this something that's reasonably do-able?

It's pretty easy but I'm surprised you can't find blank oak jambs
locally. Otherwise just ripping down 1x6 oak will work. The edges
are normally undercut which you can accomplish by ripping at a slight
angle or using a jointer. You should be able to use 1x thick material
(3/4") as long as the opening is 2" wider than the door size you want
to use.

Mike O.