Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kaiser Sose Kaiser Sose is offline

Default Moving Vista license from one machine to another ????

Agreed, and I am very happy with my Ubuntu Linux distribution.
Unfortunately many critical applications like the CCTV system for my home
are developed on top of Windows, whether we like it or not. He nce my post
Steve
On 2007-06-03 14:59:15 +0100, "Kaiser Sose" said:

Guys,
Got the Visa Ultimate retail and gonna install it on my existing (aging)
P4
system with 1 gig RAM. However, in a few months I will want to move the
Vista license onto my new build PC - a Intel Quad core. How do I move
the
software license from the old to the new machine ? If I activate whilst
its
still on my old machine then the activation server will not allow the
activation on the new machine .... ????? If I uninstall from the old
machine, does some tool go to the activation server and say that the
software has been removed and is avilable to be legally installed
elsewhere?

How does this work please?

Thanks, Steve

The ideal thing to do is to throw the whole thing away and to buy a Mac.

The next best thing, if you want to keep the hardware is to install Linux
on the hardware.

Anything involving Microsoft is a waste of time and a money sink.