Posted to uk.d-i-y
bomb#20 bomb#20 is offline

Default Moving Vista license from one machine to another ????

Kaiser Sose wrote:
Guys,
Got the Visa Ultimate retail and gonna install it on my existing
(aging) P4 system with 1 gig RAM. However, in a few months I will
want to move the Vista license onto my new build PC - a Intel Quad
core. How do I move the software license from the old to the new
machine ? If I activate whilst its still on my old machine then the
activation server will not allow the activation on the new machine
.... ????? If I uninstall from the old machine, does some tool go to
the activation server and say that the software has been removed and
is avilable to be legally installed elsewhere?
How does this work please?

Thanks, Steve

When you try to activate the second machine you will be told that the key is already in use.
There will be a phone number you have to ring to talk to a call center in India
Explain that you have transfered the software to another machine.
They should accept this and give you another key.
..