Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tires in storage

the DOT number on the tire shows the production date. In pennsylvania
state vehicle inspection mechanics are supposed to check all tirees
nymbers and reject any that are too old. I will ask a inspection buddy
but I beeve it 6 to 8 years. these rules started after some accidents
caused by aged tires shredding and deaths.

by 10 years outdoors tires are junk, I replaced some trailer tires and
a buddy has cars that get little use, like a few thousand miles a
year.

He was forced to replace the tires at 10 years, and remarked the tires
sun shined on were much worse.