Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default How to accurately weigh a cat...OT ish

"Alan" wrote in message
With electronic bathroom scales, and maybe the analogue variety, the
accuracy may be based on a percentage of the full scale value. The fact
that the scales may have a resolution of , say, 0.5kg is irrelevant. The
accuracy of any measurement may be of the order of +/- 2Kg...

Mine are medical scales, rather than bathroom scales and the manufacturer
claims an accuracy an order better than the resolution. I gained them when
we recalled a number of medical devices and a hospital sent us the scales by
mistake, but, as with a lot of the parcels we used to get from hospitals,
absolutely nothing to identify the sender.

Colin Bignell