Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default How to accurately weigh a cat...OT ish

In message , Owain
wrote
nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
The easiest way is to buy more accurate scales. The human + cat
method is how I weigh mine, but my scales read to 0.1kg.

Using a smaller human (eg a child) to hold the cat should give greater
accuracy, as the cat will be a greater proportion of the total weight.

With electronic bathroom scales, and maybe the analogue variety, the
accuracy may be based on a percentage of the full scale value. The fact
that the scales may have a resolution of , say, 0.5kg is irrelevant.
The accuracy of any measurement may be of the order of +/- 2Kg

What you may be able to do is see that one cat is heavier than another
but with bathroom scales you may not be able to determine the actual
weight the cat.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com