Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default How to accurately weigh a cat...OT ish

"Vortex" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

I want to settle an argument about the weights (relative and absolute) of
our 2 cats. problem is, how do you accurately weigh a cat in a domestic
situation?

Because of the uncooperative nature of cats the only method I can think of
is a "differential" approach ie:

1. Weigh human
2. Weigh human + cat
3. Subtract the results.

Problem is that our (digital) scales have a resolution of 1lb/0.5kg which
is quite simply inadequate for cat weight measurement with any kind of
accuracy!

Kitchen scales have the resolution but not the range (not also forgetting
the cat cooperation issue).

Any suggestions?

David

OS Maps.

Unfold one, and position a point of interest on top of the scales.
The cat will settle itself there in under a minute.

--
Ron