Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Garage Workbench

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:32:01 -0400, wrote:

I've been eyeing up Sears work benches. They look to be laminates
fastened to metal frame supports.

I asked in Lowes if they sold them and the guy, said no 'he built his
own'. I guess for what they want for the sears I could buy a good table
saw and the materials to build my own with money to spare.

The dimensions of the sears workbench are just right. It (the one I
like) has a nice 8 ft run and a continuous worktop. But I haven't been
ablet to find a piece of wood with the desired thickness and in one
contiuous piece for the worktop. Lowes has pieces (precut) that come
close but not as wide. Is there another way to get what I want. And what
materials would be ideal for a garage workbench.

There must be plans floating around out there somewhere..

Thanks
Chas

I bought a 8 ft x 3 ft solid wood door from a building supplies
recycling store. Makes an excellent work table. Has a varnished maple
finish and weighs as solid heavy wood although I think its veneer
maple.