Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default inside of house does not cool off... at all?

Bob M. wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message

Heavy drapes don't prevent the sun from hitting the glass, which then
transfers the heat into the house via radiation. You need to block
the sun from hitting the windows via an outside blind or an awning.

Low-e glass stops a lot of that heat, like 90% of it.

Not from direct sun radiation. I have brand new, low-e windows (milguard)
and they do fair with blocking outside ambient temperatures. When the sun
hits the glass, not so much. Our retractable awnings are an absolute
neccesity.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com