Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Narrow Decora Switch Plate

In article 2wk8i.524$jW6.215@trnddc01, "H"
wrote:

"Jackson" wrote in message
. ..

"H" wrote in message
news:OwZ7i.33$bZ1.7@trnddc08...
Does any know of a narrow Decora-style switch plate? I can find other
narrow plates, but none that work for a Decora switch. For example, I
need an RN1 or RN2 as shown on this graphic, but with a Decora opening.

http://static.zoovy.com/img/kyledesi...ight_switch_pl
ates_a

Thanks.

Check at your local electric supply shop - the place where the
electricians go, not HD or Lowe's. I'm confident that Leviton makes a
plate as you describe:

http://www.leviton.com

I wish they did...but Leviton does not produce ANY narrow plates.

Thanks anyway. I will try a local electrical house.

Time to get out the coping saw and file, unless you have a milling
machine in the garage. Take a standard narrow switch plate and open it
up to the decora size. Probably only take 1/2 hr. while you're watching
TV.