Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

Default Narrow Decora Switch Plate

Does any know of a narrow Decora-style switch plate? I can find other
narrow plates, but none that work for a Decora switch. For example, I need
an RN1 or RN2 as shown on this graphic, but with a Decora opening.

http://static.zoovy.com/img/kyledesi...witch_plates_a

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"H" wrote in message news:OwZ7i.33$bZ1.7@trnddc08...
Does any know of a narrow Decora-style switch plate? I can find other
narrow plates, but none that work for a Decora switch. For example, I
need an RN1 or RN2 as shown on this graphic, but with a Decora opening.

http://static.zoovy.com/img/kyledesi...witch_plates_a

Thanks.

Check at your local electric supply shop - the place where the electricians
go, not HD or Lowe's. I'm confident that Leviton makes a plate as you
describe:

http://www.leviton.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

"Jackson" wrote in message
. ..

"H" wrote in message
Does any know of a narrow Decora-style switch plate? I can find other
narrow plates, but none that work for a Decora switch. For example, I
need an RN1 or RN2 as shown on this graphic, but with a Decora opening.

http://static.zoovy.com/img/kyledesi...witch_plates_a

Thanks.

Check at your local electric supply shop - the place where the
electricians go, not HD or Lowe's. I'm confident that Leviton makes a
plate as you describe:

http://www.leviton.com

I wish they did...but Leviton does not produce ANY narrow plates.

Thanks anyway. I will try a local electrical house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article 2wk8i.524$jW6.215@trnddc01, "H"
wrote:

"Jackson" wrote in message
. ..

http://static.zoovy.com/img/kyledesi...ight_switch_pl
ates_a

Thanks.

Check at your local electric supply shop - the place where the
electricians go, not HD or Lowe's. I'm confident that Leviton makes a
plate as you describe:

http://www.leviton.com

I wish they did...but Leviton does not produce ANY narrow plates.

Thanks anyway. I will try a local electrical house.

Time to get out the coping saw and file, unless you have a milling
machine in the garage. Take a standard narrow switch plate and open it
up to the decora size. Probably only take 1/2 hr. while you're watching
TV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article 2wk8i.524$jW6.215@trnddc01, "H"
wrote:

"Jackson" wrote in message
m...

"H" wrote in message

[...]

good idea, but he'll also need a countersink for the screw holes.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:35:10 GMT, "H" wrote:

Check at your local electric supply shop - the place where the
electricians go, not HD or Lowe's. I'm confident that Leviton makes a
plate as you describe:

I wish they did...but Leviton does not produce ANY narrow plates.

Thanks anyway. I will try a local electrical house.

(IIRC, there used to be "modular" type cover plates. By getting the
right combination of narrow plates; it was easy to snap them together
and make a configuration to match the receptacle/switch)

Good luck.

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..