Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default It got me. -Kickback

Stoutman wrote:
Had my 'first' experience with kickback today. I was cutting a small 4" by
4" square board of walnut for some shims and 'wham', right in the lower
stomach (off to the side). It felt like I was kicked by a mule. Almost
made a trip to the ER to check for internal damage. Just a big bruise and
a damaged ego. Had me thinking that if I had a more powerful saw this would
have been a lot worse.

Could have been prevented but I was just quickly cutting a few shims.

Stupid stupid stupid.

NO splitter. NO push stick.

Got me thinking that a leather shop apron would of helped. Any of you guys
use them for a last line of defense? Where is a good place to buy a good
one?

I've got a Biesmeyer splitter and overhead dust collector and a canvas
apron from Rockler. You gotta buy this stuff and more importantly you
gotta USE it every time.
mahalo,
jo4hn