Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default It got me. -Kickback

In article , .@. says...

I should add:
When I went back to survey the damage I noticed that my zero clearance ash
throat plate was cracked in half. Strange.

That would've been the arse end getting caught up in the teeth of the blade and
getting whacked down into the throat as it went past.

On the subject of unexpected kick-backs: last year my wife and I were drafting
a herd of 3 y.o. bulls and one of them, as he went through the gate next to me,
unexpectedly let fly and got me right in the middle of the back. I found myself
flat on the ground right under the feet of another 10 bulls or so.
My one thought was: "I hope these guys don't get spooked" as I scrambled to get
my hands and feet back under me ...
... that one was nice and yellow and blue for some time as well :-).

Put some arnica cream on it, it helps.

cheers, -P.