Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default How to accurately weigh a cat...OT ish

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-06-02 21:11:21 +0100, "Vortex" said:

Hi,
I want to settle an argument about the weights (relative and
absolute) of
our 2 cats. problem is, how do you accurately weigh a cat in a domestic
situation?
Because of the uncooperative nature of cats the only method I can
think of
is a "differential" approach ie:
1. Weigh human
2. Weigh human + cat
3. Subtract the results.
Problem is that our (digital) scales have a resolution of 1lb/0.5kg
which is
quite simply inadequate for cat weight measurement with any kind of
accuracy!
Kitchen scales have the resolution but not the range (not also
forgetting
the cat cooperation issue).
Any suggestions?
David

You can get professional quality scales normally used for medical
purposes which have been calibrated but not officially certified. Seca
is one of the most popular brands. I bought one a couple of years
ago with 50g resolution and apart from weighing me has been used for
cat weighing using your method.

However, if you need to weigh the cat for medical reasons

See above - it's for some drunken bet

--
geoff