Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc
Mr Guest Mr Guest is offline

Default Mysterious exploding toughened glass pane... WTF???!!!

bof wrote (apparently) in uk.misc on Sat 02 Jun 2007 20:56:34:

In message , Huge
writes
Nickel suphide inclusions.

http://www.glassonweb.com/articles/article/330/

Makes toughened glass shatter spontaneously.

Astonishing really, a single 100um particle changes phase after
10 years and an entire window comes showering down from the 11th
floor. Beats a butterfly beating its wings in China causing storm
in Harrogate.

Thankfully I live the "other" side of Starbeck to Harrogate. No storms
here, thanks... I think butterflies have too much freedom anyway, they
shouldn't be kept where their behaviour can affect somewhere several
thousand miles away.

Just like politicians, in that respect...
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere